Monday, August 9, 2010

Where I'm suppose to be.........

Sometimes people get lost and just don't know where they belong. I have been searching for the last couple months for a job. I've sent in probably 2-3 applications/resumes a week, and I've only got ONE phone call. This phone call did result in an interview. I thought the interview went fairly well, but it seems like I didn't get the job. I'm not really disappointed that I didn't get that job. I'm disappointed that I can't seem to get a job. Then it hit me, I do have a a job. I'm a mother, and right now that's all that really matters. Even though part of me REALLY wants a career right now, part of me loves spending this special time with these babies. I love waking up with them, being home when Brenna gets home from school, doing household chores with the radio cranked up and my kiddos dancing widly, craft time, watching toon-toons with them, etc. I love our days right now. I don't know if I'm ready to give this up yet, and maybe God knows that. The right job will come around, the job that fits perfectly into OUR lives. I just need reassured sometimes, and I need reassured that I'm where I'm suppose to be.

I wish we had playgroups around here. It's such a small area, and there aren't any playgroups set up or MOPS groups. I think sometimes the reason I want to work is so I can socialize with grown-ups. When I was going to WIU, I went to school. I got to talk fellow students and professors. I was Miranda for a couple hours a day. Now that I'm doing my MBA all online, I'm always Mommy. So I have to do something about this. I'm thinking voluntery might be an option. I'm also going to put Brenna in a dance/tumbling class. I don't know if this will help me, but I know Miss B will love it. I'm also going to look at something for Collier. I have no idea what I'm looking for, for him, but something.

I only have about a year, before I HAVE to work, so I've decided I'm going to make this the most amazing year ever. I'm going to enjoy everyday with these kiddos. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my time with them, but like most Mothers I also have my whiney days when they're driving me NUTS. I'm going to avoid complaining about those days. All days are going to be AMAZING days. :-)

I still have A LOT of pictures to post from July and now August. Maybe the kids will got to bed at a decent time tonight, and I can finally get the new pictures posted. :-)

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to find that balance between being true to yourself as a women and losing yourself, and loving it, being a mom.

    I know this will turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em! I'm really struggling right now. Like you said its hard, especially when you aren't sure what you want, or what is best. I just have to trust that God will lead me, he knows best. :-)

    ReplyDelete